It was a great year for Blue Water Charters on Fat Girl with some catches to remember, I would like to extend my thanks to all those who supported us during this year, and wish all a prosperous 2015 filled with peace, love and joy.
Some catches of note for 2014
• Our first charter in January got us a Dorado Bull of 20Kg although the Dorado were slow in the beginning of the year we have had a great December with a lot of good size Dorado.
• We had a superb Wahoo season with our highest Wahoo catch on record and April saw us land a 25.4Kg fish.
• The big Yellowfin Tuna were running this year and in April our largest Yellowfin for the year came in at 60Kg, we also got 4 fish over 40Kg and another 9 over 30Kg.
• In July we had a double Sailfish hook up and successfully released both fish, the smaller one was landed by an 11yr old boy.
• We also got an unofficial South African and All Africa Record fish with a Short Bill Spearfish of 38.3Kg well above the existing record of 18.6Kg
• Blue Marlin fishing was slow for us but the Black Marlin were around in good numbers this year with a great Christmas present on the 24th of December.
• We did not do much Inshore fishing but one trip got us a Natal Snoek of 12Kg, we also had some great kiddies trips with loads of Bonnies and smaller Yellowfin Tuna.
2014 set a high standard for 2015
See you all on the water next year